~ THE 90 DAY CHALLENGE TO SELF LOVE ~
A Journey To: Awareness, Acceptance, and Agape Love!
Suggestions For Being Gentle on Yourself!
There are times we are so busy taking care of everyone else that we forget to be gentle on ourselves. Sometimes, when we are in our “busyness”, it is hard to think or stop, to take care of our needs. So, I came up with a list that we can go to for suggestions.
This list is just a start and if you have other suggestions, I would love to hear them. Please remember… I am only an email away, so do not hesitate to contact me, any time! Lilly@WhenYouNeedaFriend.com.
- Start & End each day with 5 minutes of Breath Awareness: Slowly breathe in positive energy, breathe out negative energy. Consciously name each breath. Ex: Breathe in light, Breathe out darkness… Breathe in joy, Breathe out sadness… etc! (Stretching is also good during this time.)
- Walk: Make time to walk and if you cannot walk, move… It can be a slow or a brisk one! If it is cold then go to the mall and walk… (If you go to the mall, stick to the plan; walking is cheaper than shopping!)
- Pack a picnic or healthy snack and go to a favorite spot to eat it: I love water and find myself going to a lake, river or beach, whenever I need to refresh! If you don’t have a favorite spot, find one.
- Go to the Gym: It is important that you figure out the best time for exercise. Just Do It!
- Take a bath: Calgoooonn take meee aawaay!
- Read a good book: You know, that book you’ve been meaning to read!
- Call a friend: Who have you been meaning to call? Call them!!!
- Stand in front of your mirror with your hands up in a victorious position: Click Here and see how body language impacts our life. Try it!
- Learn about nutrition: Click Here to learn how food can heal you.
- Dance: Turn on your favorite music and dance like no one is watching!
- 11. Sing: Either by yourself or with your favorite artist… Just sing like no one is listening!
- Yoga: If you don’t have time to take lessons, get a DVD or find a YouTube video and get started.
- Get Grounded: I know this sounds weird but by walking barefoot on the earth or getting a grounding device can help boost your health. Click Here to learn more.
- Sleep: Get to bed before 10 pm. The hours between 10 pm – 2 am are when your healing enzymes are released!
- Say “NO!”: We want to please but sometimes we need to say not only “NO” but “HECK NO!” Before you say “Yes”, make sure it will support you.
- Make a list: Make a list of 25 things you would like someone to do for you and ask for help! Give this list to your significant other, family or friends and let them know that instead of buying you a gift, these are things you would love.
- Take a nap: Be aware of what your body needs… Listen to your body and when your body tells you rest, then do it!
- Gratitude Journal: If you haven’t done this already, start! Take inventory of the times you were grateful during the day and write about it. (Even if all you write is; “A stranger smiled at me!”)
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy: Be aware of your thoughts. If you find yourself worrying or consumed with a thought… Write it down and put it down! Become aware of worry and then SHIFT the thought by reminding yourself that everything will be ok! Perhaps take 5 minutes to think of a solution. (You can write the solution down.)
- Listen to Positive Affirmations: Become a subscriber of The Lillian McDermott Radio Show and I will send you mine! 😉
- Light a candle: There is something about a candle that is so soothing, maybe it’s the scent or the light. Just sit and remember all the lighthearted moments of the day. Perhaps you can think of someone you love and send them love and light!
- Eat something nutritious: Perhaps you can add or substitute one thing that is “green” like a salad or try eating berries. Berries are full of antioxidants!
- Clean: When my closet is a mess, I know my life is out of balance. Everyone has a “messy” something; drawer, office, car… etc. This is my sign that it is time to pause. When I clean my closet, I feel so much better!
- Take time off: Not everyone can do this but if you can, give yourself a “mini vacation”… Go to the beach, visit with a friend or stay at home; just let your body guide you!
- Get Sunlight: Believe it or not, we get energy and vitamins from the sun. Sit outside for 20 minutes and enjoy just breathing! (You can also do #6 😉 )
- Lock yourself in the bathroom: Seriously, when my kids were little that was the only place I had to myself. That is where I would read, do my bible study and journal. The bathroom is my sanctuary! 😉
- Aromatherapy: While locked in the bathroom, infuse some calming essential oils.
- Meditation: Take the time to slow down… Figure out your best way to meditate.
- Unplug: Turn off your phone, computer and TV… Just sit in silence and listen to what your heart & soul is trying to tell you.
- Look in the mirror: Give yourself a compliment! Better yet, Click Here and listen to this song, while you are looking in the mirror. Remember, to acknowledge the whole person; “Me”, “Myself” and “I”!
- Fresh Flowers: Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers and take the time to place them in a nice vase. Display your flowers in a room you spend most of your time.
If you need clarification, have some more suggestions or have any questions… I am only an email away! Email me at Lilly@WhenYouNeedaFriend.com
So Talk To Me, Listen And We Will All Learn Together…
The Lillian McDermott Radio Show
~ Weekdays from 9 am to 10 am ~
Worldwide at www.WhenYouNeedaFriend.com
Listen on your smart phone by going to my homepage and scroll down to “live stream”… It is that easy! 😉